Wanted: E-comm manager / Elsevier Amsterdam
Elsevier S&T is currently setting up an E-commerce organisation and is implementing a new E-commerce platform based on ATG software. Working in a small team, operating in a truly international environment.
Here’s your chance to make our E-commerce your success – if you want customer focus, innovative marketing approaches and a dynamic team, then this is the job to apply for!
Within Elsevier S&T, our E-Commerce team is responsible for selling our own electronic products such as subscriptions to E-Journals, E-books and our collection of database articles.
To this purpose we have build an E-commerce platform that facilitates relations and transactions with new and existing customers. Our customers are the academic and scientific/R&D community.
We’re currently looking for an E-Marketeer (full–time, based in Amsterdam (NL)) to join this team.
The E-Marketeer is responsible for maximizing revenue from our online channel through design and execution of marketing campaigns, (daily) analysis of core KPIs & other customer centric data and taking the appropriate commercial actions.
The E-Marketeer works in a small team (including an E-Service Manager, responsible for the technical side of the platform) and reports to the E-Commerce Manager.
Part of the role is to assist in the development and execution of strategic plans and initiatives and help further the development of the platform with the aim of driving sales and increasing the online customer experience & Satisfaction.
The E-Marketeer first of all has a strong focus on increasing the sale per customer and improving retention rates. In order to perform the responsibilities also include:
- Traffic generation
- Conversion management and improvement
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Online style guarding and monitoring
- Budget management
- Increase customer satisfaction
Self-starter with a Master Level education (HBO), with at least 6 years proven relevant online experience (2-3 years in a B2B environment would be ideal) within an international/global environment (someone with a clear understanding on how Elsevier can target its Global client base).
Hands-on experience with ATG or another E-Commerce platform, Google analytics and/or Webtrends is off course highly desirable.
Limited international travel will be part of this role.
Fluency in English is a must.
Elsevier is part of Reed Elsevier: a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk and Business sectors. We provide Information solutions for professionals and employ over 32.000 people worldwide.
Our customers are using our products every day to advance science, improve medical outcomes, enable better legal decisions, evaluate risk, forge business relationships and gain business insight.
Reed Elsevier’s sells its products worldwide and has its main offices in Amsterdam, London and New York. The company is divided up in 4 divisions:
1. Elsevier (Science & Technology & Health Sciences)
2. LexisNexis (Legal information)
3. Reed Business Information (Business information, online data and marketing solutions)
4. Reed Exhibitions (Trade exhibitions)
Elsevier’s Science & Technology (S&T) division is the world’s largest global academic journal publisher: Producing over 200,000 new research articles in some 1,100 journals every year. Our flagship product, ScienceDirect, is accessed by over 11 million users a year.
- Customer Focus – Making customer and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Building customer loyalty – Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Contributing to team success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Follow- up – Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments or project, considering the skills, knowledge and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project
- Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- Proven e-marketing & sales track record of at least 6 years in a international/global online (pref. B2B) environment
- Ability to build relationships with institutional customers in a subscription based marketplace
- Proven ability to align marketing activities with sales requirements
- Experience / knowledge about accelerating Sales growth
- Technical/Web marketing experience.
- Hands- on experience with ATG or other E-commerce platform
- Experience with database systems and data driven marketing.
- Targeted campaigning
- Affinity with Scientific research/ academic world
- Master level education (HBO)
- Multi-cultural awareness
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Fluency in English
Please contact me if you are the e-marketer Elsevier is looking for! Feel free to pass this profile to professionals suitable for the job.Tags: ATG, e-commerce, e-marketer, e-marketing, e-marketing mananger, elsevier, emarketing manager, manager