Wanted: E-service manager Elsevier Amsterdam
Within Elsevier S&T, our E-Commerce team is responsible for selling our own electronic products such as subscriptions to E-Journals, E-books and our collection of database articles.
To this purpose we have build an E-commerce platform that facilitates relations and transactions with new and existing customers. Our customers are the global academic and scientific/R&D community.
We are currently looking for an E-Service manager (full–time, based in Amsterdam (NL)) to join this team.
The E-Service Manager is responsible for operational perfomance and further development of the platform which will operate and perform on a global scale. Although the role hold no direct commercial responsibility, full involvement and awareness of the importance of making the platform a commercial success is off course expected.
The E-Service manager will work in a small team (including the E-Marketeer, responsible for generating the platforms’ traffic and conversion) and reports to the E-Commerce Manager.
Part of the role is to assist in the development and execution of strategic plans and initiatives and help further the development of the platform with the aim of driving sales and increasing the online customer experience & Satisfaction.
- Content management of the website, manage change request
- Constant monitoring and improvement of the customer interface
- Analysis & reporting to the business in line with the platform KPI’s
- Release planning & management
- Manage and liaise with external and internal suppliers (like IT)
- Management of the master data and product photography
- Commercial awareness to constantly help maximize sales and profit opportunities
- Self-starter with a Bachelors degree education (HBO)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant online experience (preferably in a B2B environment)
- Publishing or telecommunication industry background is preferred
- Someone who likes to help implement and establish a successful E-Commerce organisation.
- Enthusiastic, able to communicate the E-commerce vision and win the trust of Elsevier’s’ sales and service teams
- Good knowledge of content management systems (ATG or another E-Commerce platform) is preferred
- Experience with web analytics software (Google Analytics or Webtrends) is desired
- Limited international travel will be part of this role
- Fluency in English is a must
Elsevier is part of Reed Elsevier: a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk and Business sectors. We provide Information solutions for professionals and employ over 32.000 people worldwide.
Our customers are using our products every day to advance science, improve medical outcomes, enable better legal decisions, evaluate risk, forge business relationships and gain business insight.
Reed Elsevier’s sells its products worldwide and has its main offices in Amsterdam, London and New York. The company is divided up in 4 divisions:
1. Elsevier (Science & Technology & Health Sciences)
2. LexisNexis (Legal information)
3. Reed Business Information (Business information, online data and marketing solutions)
4. Reed Exhibitions (Trade exhibitions)
Elsevier’s Science & Technology (S&T) division is the world’s largest global academic journal publisher: Producing over 200,000 new research articles in some 1,100 journals every year. Our flagship product, ScienceDirect, is accessed by over 11 million users a year.
Please contact me if you are the E-service manager Elsevier is looking for! Feel free to pass this profile to professionals suitable for the job.Tags: analytics, content managment, e-commerce, E-service, E-service manager, elsevier, Elsevier e-commerce, Eservice, Eservice manager, online analytics, online service