Wanted: Forrester is looking for: Senior Analyst, Serving eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals
For one of our relations we are looking for:
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Serving eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals, Retail FLSA
Location: Europe (London, Amsterdam, Paris)
Senior Analysts conduct innovative research and deliver advice through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speeches. The eBusiness & Channel Strategy Analyst serves professionals who are responsible for the success of their firm’s eBusiness and distribution channel strategies.
The successful candidate writes to, presents to, and advises eBusiness, Channel & Strategy professionals at retail firms — including multichannel retailers, online-only retailers, and product manufacturers. With a focus on the strategies and technologies that enable online and multichannel retailing — including topics like the effect of changing consumer buying behavior on online marketing and merchandising — the Senior Analyst advises clients on building the most profitable channel strategy. Candidates need a strong understanding of the business and technology issues facing these executives today and an appetite for conducting and writing research to stay abreast of the issues.
Senior Analysts work as part of a small, high-performance team and collaborate with others in all aspects of the job. They are expected to:
* Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as eBusiness & Channel Strategy professionals.
* Conduct research into all aspects of the responsibilities of eBusiness & Channel Strategy professionals, including business strategy, organizational design, and best practice insight.
* Help define the future of online and multichannel retail by painting an accurate, forward-looking view and predicting the effect of emerging technologies and strategies. They also help clients identify European and country-level consumer trends that will affect the future of multichannel selling.
* Write three to four long research documents per year that convey new ideas in a rich business context. These reports typically: 1) introduce new thinking about successful business and technology strategies; 2) present strategic plans for growing sales and service in the online channel; 3) compare new technologies or services and their potential to help clients solve their business challenges; or 4) outline the opportunity of online and multichannel business opportunities.
* Write 9 short and 2 long research documents per year on retail consumer behavior and industry events.
* Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment, and help solve their problems.
* Present at Forrester-sponsored conferences and briefings, and deliver client teleconferences.
* Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker, and build relationships with senior eBusiness executives and channel strategy executives at retail firms across Europe, as well as with the technology vendors that serve them and journalists who cover the sector.
Forrester hires people who are inspired and inspiring. Our people are our product and the source of our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intelligence, curiosity, and unconventional thinking. The right candidate has:
*A minimum of five to seven years of experience in the business-to-consumer retail industry. Candidates typically come from the senior ranks at multichannel or online-only retailers, manufacturers who sell direct to consumers, or online technology vendors. Others have held senior strategy positions within large consulting or marketing organizations.
*A strong record of academic achievement: B.A. or B.S. minimum; M.B.A. or M.S. preferred.
*Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the retail business and how firms engage customers across channels. Solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick and how eBusiness executives operate the channel.
* A creative view of markets, technologies, and attitudes combined with a fascination with the future.
*Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills. Senior Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
*The ability to travel 20% to 30% of the time.
Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) is an independent research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice to global leaders in business and technology. Forrester works with professionals in 20 key roles at major companies providing proprietary research, customer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs. For more than 26 years, Forrester has been making IT, marketing, and technology industry leaders successful every day. For more information, visit www.forrester.com.
Please contact me if you are the Senior Analyst Forrester Research is looking for! Feel free to pass this profile to professionals suitable for the job.Tags: E-business, e-commerce, eBusiness & Channel Strategy, Forrester, Forrester Research, research